Monday, January 17, 2011

Mythbusters: Chiang Mai Style

Tonight I'd like to break the myth that Thailand is always warm, sunny, and the perfect winter getaway place. Nights and mornings of the winter season here can go down a lot, about 15 - 20 degrees celsius in Chiang Mai is the norm. Up north a bit on Doi Inthanon there have been reports of snow (Doi meaning mountain). While this may not seem very cold for most people living in the West, after living in a tropical climate for so long the slightest chill goes a long way. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm from Singapore, so you aint fooling me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke, it's 4:41 am here and my Counter Strike skills are being seriously hampered by the fact that my fingers feel so frozen up. Sitting on them for a few seconds remedies the problem for a while though xD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, good stuff. I've been romping around in the snow here in the states. I always enjoy another persons perspectives. I look forward to hearing more about where you live.

    anon-o-mayse.blogspot.com
    A strong supporter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an easily bustable myth, trust me. snaztoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can vouch for the 'rainy ol' England' saying at least. It's a pretty dull looking day in the UK today. I'd love to trade places with you lol

    ReplyDelete